Wednesday 6 June 2012

In Which I Fail To Blog

Time pressure, work, maths not working, not making time, yadda yadda yadda.

  • The maths has come together for my ammo maths question (or at least partly), so I'll be typesetting that over the next few days and putting it up - along with some thoughts on why this is interesting in general.
  • noisms is really knocking it out of the park with his latest blog posts; two in particular have been really good. I really liked his thoughts on Hanafuda cards, and the discussion underneath really seems to have sparked something (in me and in other readers) thinking about using cards in play generally.
  • The other post was a bit of AP from the LotFP game that we are both involved with. My nephew and his friend joined us, and last week brought along another two friends. This has really added something to the game, and noisms makes some really interesting observations about differences in play styles.
As I noted in the comments there, I don't think that age is the biggest contribution to the difference so much as the profound difference in culture that exists. If I was my 18 year old self playing D&D with my nephew there would still be a profound difference, because we have lived through such different times - in fact, it feels right to call them different eras.

noisms does make some good points that there might be a broader question here connected with styles of DMing and what they might be used to as well; I can't really comment on that: I've only played under the GMing of noisms and Patrick and I know them both to be fair but lethal, so I know what to expect.

Anyway, more soon. I promise. (and you know what that leads to, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment